Monday, January 27, 2014

Maternity Photos

I wasn't sure if I wanted to do maternity photos or not.  Well, I wanted to, but my mind went back and forth...I mean, aren't they kind of cheesy?  Cheesy or not wouldn't I be sad if I didn't have them down the road?  Yeah but isn't all that documenting of your baby bump kind of overdone and lame?  BUT this is kind of killing two birds with one stone since it is maternity photos for our first TWO kids...etc., etc., etc.  In the end, I decided that I would definitely rather have them than not, and we found a fantastic, yet very reasonably priced photographer, who offered a newborn/maternity package.  At something like fifty extra dollars, it seemed well worth it.  And seeing the results, I am SO glad we did.

I mean, let's be honest, there is still a certain cheesiness factor.  Really, there are only so many ways you can hold and gaze adoringly at your protruding stomach.  However I'm fully clothed and all, so that helps to downgrade the tackiness factor.



I have a cheeky look on my face here...though I feel like this could just be my trademark facial expression.




See, once you add the hubby in, this is where the cheesiness factor starts to go up.











It was f-ing FREEZING and WINDY by this time.  Definitely questioning the intelligence of the "outside in the snow (because it will be so PRETTY!) with no coat" look.  Though to be fair, I don't really have a jacket that buttons or zips all the way anyway, so it's kind of a moot point.



You can tell from my fake smile here that I'm about at my breaking point.  Tyson, on the other hand, looks fresh and warm and normal since he got to wear normal winter attire pretty much this whole time and just had to jump in for a few shots.



And, in the end, it IS pretty to be outside in the cold and the snow.  Unless the weather is like it is today.



Ain't nothin pretty about any weather report that includes the description "Bitterly cold".


No comments:

Post a Comment