Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Twins' Nursery


Since we live in an apartment, I knew that we weren't going to be doing any major overhauls to create a nursery, i.e. no painting, new flooring, heavy-duty wall shelving, etc. I decided early on to roll with it, and keep the neutral theme running.  And then one day it came to me-to use gold as an accent.  I fell in love with the idea as soon as I thought of it, and love that the gold adds variation in sheen and texture, while still being relatively neutral.  This room has quickly become my favorite in our entire apartment, possibly because it's the only one I have done completely from scratch (as in no existing furniture or anything to work with).  It gets just enough soft light from the skylight, and feels so calming and soothing even to me.  Hopefully the twins will feel the same way!



Gold decals: Made with gold contact paper and this circle cutter.



Glider: Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider.  I LOVE this thing.  It is so soft and comfortable, and glides so easily.  Sometimes I just sit up here and take deep breaths and relax...this really is my favorite spot in our entire place!



We live in an apartment with a loft, so daddy's desk is visible and just on the other side from the nursery.  He can keep an eye on those kiddos while he is up late working on graduating. ;)

Bookcase: Target Threshold Carson Horizontal Bookcase.  I swear these kids have more books already than I do...and I haven't bought a single one!  I guess that's what comes from having a librarian as a grandma.
Storage bins and gold lamp both from Target, though I couldn't find links for them online.




Both these wooden toys and gold trays were made by my dear friend Crystal.  I love them all!




I actually knew I wanted to do something with giraffes in the nursery even before becoming pregnant.  I don't know what it is about them, but I love giraffes, and I thought it would be fun for a boy or a girl.  But THEN we found out that our one baby was actually not just one baby at all, so I chose to pair an elephant with the giraffe as part of the theme.  




Changing Pad Cover: Aden + Anais Up, Up & Away (also have the Aden + Anais Jungle Jam Giraffe)



I plan to keep expanding this wall with more frames and pictures once the twins are born, as we get more and more photos taken of them and our little family.

Artwork: Shower gift.
Frames: Target Room Essentials





Stuffed animals: Shower gift
Elephant/Star Sheets: Aden + Anais Up, Up & Away

This is still a work in progress as there are some other things I would still like to do but can't until these little guys are born and we find out just who they are!  Obviously the photo wall which I mentioned above will be a continuous project, but I also want to get one of these banners with their names on it and one (or both, as the case may be) of these cute prints.  

Can't wait for these little ones to get here (36 weeks and counting...)!


No comments:

Post a Comment