Monday, January 12, 2015

Life, Lately

When we dropped Caden and Brooklyn off at the nursery for church this weekend, it was fun to see the teenage volunteers fight over who got to hold them, because they are "such good babies".  (Clearly they have never seen them around bedtime...)  They are obviously favorites with the volunteers, which makes me think...hey!  Potential babysitters!

+++++

When we picked them up from the nursery, the volunteer in charge said that they moved Caden to the other side (There are two sides to the baby room-one for crawlers and younger babies, and one for walkers or older babies.  So far they've stayed on the crawler side.) because he "seemed bored".  Why?  "He kept trying to crawl into the cupboards."  Sounds about right.


+++++

This kept them occupied for at least a solid 20 minutes the other day when I got home from the store:



Yup.  A package of toilet paper.  And they randomly continued to play with it throughout the day.  All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if you come over here and see packages of toilet paper as part of my living room decor.  It works.

+++++

This also works.



Baby jail.  I vaccuumed our entire place today while they watched and pointed from their confinement, (because the vaccuum is sooooooo interesting), and once I put the vaccuum away (which was a good half hour later) they were still content to stay put and play with their toys.  Brooklyn actually gets a smile on her face when I put her in the Pack and Play, (even before I get the toys in there!), and as long as I set them right next to each other, they are pretty content to play, chatter, and pass toys back and forth nicely steal each other's toys.

+++++

Yesterday Brooklyn and I were reading her Fancy Nancy book.  She was really into it, patting the pages and pointing to different things in the illustrations.  We got to one page, where there was quite a bit going on, and she pointed directly to Fancy Nancy, then turned to the cover, and pointed to the Fancy Nancy there.  Then turned back to the page we were on, and pointed again to Fancy Nancy, and back again to the cover to point at Fancy Nancy.  Back and forth, back and forth.  She did this for a few minutes, clearly understanding that the girl on the cover and the one in the picture were one and the same.  It was super adorable, and I was impressed.


+++++

If you say "Pat-a-Cake" they will both start to clap.  It's like watching a silent film, though, since they don't really make any noise when they clap.  It's more of a gentle motioning of their hands together.  It's also super adorable, and I'm again impressed.  (Of course I can't get a video of it, since as soon as the phone comes out it's all, "Electronic device!  Yes!  Let's point at it and/or stare blankly like deer in the headlights!  Whatever the case, let's stop diong the funny and adorable thing we were just doing for minutes on end!")

+++++

I turn 28 tomorrow.  That's really all I have to say about it.  Usually I'm big on birthdays, but this year I'm kind of...eh.  Another year closer to 30.  Nothing really exciting when you're 28.  No real plans.  Tyson will watch the babies for a little bit tomorrow so I can go do, well, whatever it is that I decide to go do, then we have Life Group tomorrow night, which is going to be more of a let's-hang-out night, not a let's-talk-in-depth-about-this-week's-sermon night (and I hear there might be cake!).  Tyson and I are going to try to get out sometime in the next couple of weeks.  That's about it.  I usually really like that my birthday is in January, it's something to look forward to after all the excitement of the holidays and everything, but this year it just seems like, all of a sudden.  Oh.  Tomorrow.  My birthday.  Okay.  Maybe next year we'll have to do something special to celebrate that both Tyson and I will be (*gulp*) in the last year of our twenties?

+++++

I may have just said, "That's really all I have to say about it" and then gone on for another 166 words.  Sounds about right.


No comments:

Post a Comment