With baby's arrival scheduled for Monday (!!!) I am absolutely enjoying these last moments as a family of four. I propped my exhausted, stretched-out, 9-months pregnant self on the couch last night and just took in the fun that my three favorite people had together, working on a puzzle, running around, and just generally being silly the way only (almost) two-year olds and their "I-can-still-act-like-a-two-year-old" daddy can. As excited as we are for baby's arrival, I can't help but think of how I'll also miss the routines and life we've built with these two little people.
Also enjoying this "last" week:
- The ability to move around easily. Now that I know what to expect from a c-section recovery, a 9-month preggo belly actually seems manageable.
- The relative ease of leaving the house with two toddlers in tow, who can walk, (sort of) follow directions, and (somewhat) dress themselves.
- Driving. Because I just remembered somewhat recently that a c-section recovery also means no driving for several weeks. *sigh*
- Sleep. Nighttime bathroom trips not withstanding, a full night of uninterrupted sleep is a luxury that I probably won't have again for the next several months to a year.
- Me time. I might have incredibly active twin toddlers, but at least their nap and bedtimes sync up. Adding an infant on a completely different schedule is going to be an entirely different ballgame.
- Not planning my wardrobe around what's easiest to nurse in. 'Nuff said.