Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Enjoying This Week

With baby's arrival scheduled for Monday (!!!) I am absolutely enjoying these last moments as a family of four.  I propped my exhausted, stretched-out, 9-months pregnant self on the couch last night and just took in the fun that my three favorite people had together, working on a puzzle, running around, and just generally being silly the way only (almost) two-year olds and their "I-can-still-act-like-a-two-year-old" daddy can.  As excited as we are for baby's arrival, I can't help but think of how I'll also miss the routines and life we've built with these two little people.


Also enjoying this "last" week:

  • The ability to move around easily.  Now that I know what to expect from a c-section recovery, a 9-month preggo belly actually seems manageable.
  • The relative ease of leaving the house with two toddlers in tow, who can walk, (sort of) follow directions, and (somewhat) dress themselves.
  • Driving.  Because I just remembered somewhat recently that a c-section recovery also means no driving for several weeks.  *sigh*
  • Sleep.  Nighttime bathroom trips not withstanding, a full night of uninterrupted sleep is a luxury that I probably won't have again for the next several months to a year.
  • Me time.  I might have incredibly active twin toddlers, but at least their nap and bedtimes sync up.  Adding an infant on a completely different schedule is going to be an entirely different ballgame.
  • Not planning my wardrobe around what's easiest to nurse in.  'Nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. It's so soon!!! I might break my Lent Facebook fast on Monday so I can see your birth announcement! Praying for you all, this week, Monday, and the week following as your lives totally change! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I'll have to send you a text or email so I'm not responsible for the breaking of any fasts for Lent ;)

      Delete