Sunday, August 24, 2014

First "Solid" Food!

On Thursday, the babies had a taste of their first solid food (brown rice cereal mixed with breast milk.  So...mostly breast milk.).  (Also, when I told Tyson that we were going to start them on eating cereal, he thought I meant like actual cereal.  Cheerios maybe.  Or his childhood favorite, Cocoa Krispies.  Powdered brown rice is admittedly much less fun.)

BEFORE:


Yay!  We're so happy!  Just going about our little lives as usual.  We have no idea what is about to happen!


Hello crazy lady.  What do you have there?

AFTER:


Um...



I'm not sure what just happened.


It's mostly on my face.



And I'm super cute.

Also I may have enjoyed eating my bib more than your so-called "food".




Anyway, we recorded it for posterity:


A few days in, and Caden has figured out that spoon = food.  He opens up his mouth when he sees the spoon.  Brooklyn is still a little unsure...she's pretty good about eating and swallowing once I put the food near her mouth, but doesn't voluntarily open up to eat. We'll see how this goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment