Saturday, January 19, 2013

Birthday Weekend Extravaganza

Hubby ditched me for 10 days to go to Germany for a conference.

Over my birthday.

Luckily, he planned a fantastic birthday surprise to make up for it.  It's almost like he's romantic or something.


Thursday:  Before he left, I got to open my birthday card (my birthday wasn't until Sunday).  Inside the card were 4 different sheets of paper, labeled Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, one to open each day over my birthday weekend.  They were also expertly folded and taped shut, so, alas, there was no chance of peeking. Unless I cheated, which was tempting, but I didn't do.


Friday:  The best gift of the whole weekend.  A spa package appointment set up on my birthday for a massage, facial, and foot treatment.  Friday night I also got to hang out with some girlfriends for a night of pizza and wine, and even some baby-holding time.


Saturday:  Swedish Fish in the glove compartment. Saturday night was the best night of the whole weekend. Two of my girlfriends came over to hang out for a bit while I got ready, and then we met up with some more friends at one of my favorite restaurants in Madison, Eno Vino.  Then the same two friends and I went out afterwards for more drinks, and ended up having one of the best conversations ever for like 3+ hours.  It was awesome.  The best "church" always ends up happening at a bar, instead of in a building with a steeple on a Sunday. Funny how that works.


Sunday:  My birthday!  I got chocolates from my favorite chocolatier in Madison.   Sunday night I went to church (the non-bar kind) and had a bunch of people over for pizza and beer and to watch Downton Abbey.  I was kind of nervous, because you never know if people are actually as in to a show as you are, or if they just sort of kind of like it and have seen it once or twice before.  Thankfully everyone was as obsessed as I was, and there was no talking during the show, or someone might have gotten shived.


Monday:  Flowers delivered to me at work!

Tuesday:  I woke up all "what beautiful and fantastical surprise do I get to open this morning?"  And then life was all "NOTHING" because all of the festivities were over.  And then I didn't want to get out of bed. 
Disclaimer:  I never want to get out of bed in the morning.

But now Hubby is on his way home, and I get to go pick him up from the airport in just two short hours.  And hopefully there is another surprise waiting for me in his suitcase from Germany....

No comments:

Post a Comment